Latchkey is a service that provides childcare for school-aged children before and after the school day. A variety of educational and recreational activities are included in the program. Latchkey in the Pinckney School District is a self-supporting program dependent on tuition fees to meet operational costs. There is an annual $75.00 registration fee for the school year and an additional $50.00 for the summer program per family.
New procedures for Latchkey 2020-2021
Latchkey will look a little different this year. With guidance from the CDC, the State of Michigan, the County and District we are doing our best to maintain the qualities of our traditional program while meeting safety protocols and recommendations. It is our goal to offer the community a safe, educational, and loving environment. The following procedures have been added:
- Latchkey will be offered AM and PM Monday through Thursday. On Friday, Latchkey will be offered from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Latchkey will continue to be offered on half days and snow days.
- Online payments are coming. We are currently changing our registration software that will allow parents to pay for latchkey online. We anticipate this system to be ready in September. Until the online system is available please pay by cash or check to your latchkey coordinator or at the community education office.
- Latchkey students will not be able to share supplies. Parents are asked to supply a pencil box, markers, crayons, pencils, glue stick and hand sanitizer for their child. These supplies should be labeled with your child's name and will remain at latchkey.
- All students attending latchkey in the morning will have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer. If a child’s temperature is above 100.4 degrees, the child will not be allowed to stay. After the temperature check, latchkey staff in cooperation with the parent will complete a short health assessment for each child. Once a child has completed the health check he/she will be asked to use hand sanitizer. Drop off and pick up procedures will be available soon. Staff will complete a health screening before entering the building.
- All students and staff are required to wear facial coverings. Our staff will be sure to utilize the outdoor spaces as much as possible to allow breaks for our students from wearing masks. Students are encouraged to bring their own reusable masks from home and wash them daily. In the event students do not have a personal mask from home, the school will have disposable masks available.
- Rates for 2020-2021 have not changed. All day Friday rate will be$35 per child. Pizza lunch will be provided on Fridays. A complete list of rates can be found in the Latchkey handbook.
- Schedules and payments must be received by 6:00 PM on the Thursday prior to the week your child will attend. A late fee will be charged after this time.
Latchkey is available for Preschool - Sixth grade at Country, Farley and Navigator schools.
Monday – Thursday: 6:15 AM – start of school day, end of school day – 6:00 PM (6:15 PM at Navigator)
Fridays: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Monday – Thursday:
$9.00 for each session (AM or PM)
$8.00 for each session (AM or PM) for siblings
Friday (7:00 AM - 5:00 PM):
$35.00 Includes 2 slices of pizza and drink.
$9.00 for AM session
$8.00 for AM session for siblings
$21.00 for PM session
$20.00 for PM session for siblings
Latchkey will be held at Country Elementary on Snow days for all students. Snow day fees will include 2 slices of pizza and a drink. Fees: $40.00 for all children
If you have not pre-registered please call the center before dropping children off to make sure there is availability (810-225-6640).
Latchkey Centers are located at Country Elementary, Farley Hill Elementary, and Navigator School. Hours of operation are 6:15 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:30 to 6:00 PM. (6:15 PM at Navigator). Latchkey is in operation on all scheduled school days, half-days, Fridays and snow days. For more information please contact Pinckney Community Education at (810) 225-3950.
PARENTS: Please note that immunizations must be current including Hepatitis B shots.Please bring proof of immunizations with you when you register.
Country Elementary 810.225.6640 - Vivian Gunderson
Farley Hill Elementary 810.225.6440 - Lisa Adkins
Navigator School 810-225-5340 - Tammy Miller
Pinckney Community Education is transitioning to a new online tool to register and manage your account. You will be completing your latchkey schedule and payments from this site. It will take about 20 minutes to get your account set up. Below are some tips for managing your account.
Community Education Online Registration You may want to bookmark this link.