Links & Resources
update frequency & Essential Employees
We will do our best to keep the most current information on this page. Please check our Facebook page and your email for current information.
UPDATE - (3/27/2020 - 12:00 PM)
Please see this list for information on who has been designated as ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES under the Governors Executive Order 2020-21:
Current Scheduled re-opening:
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Until the date above all classes and activities are canceled. All sports and community education activities are canceled. All buildings are locked and off-limits (that includes eager teachers).
Food Assistance is available:
UPDATED - 3/27/2020
SCHOOL BREAKFAST/LUNCH: FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY BETWEEN 4 PM - 5 PM FOR ANY STUDENT/FAMILY WHO COULD BENEFIT FROM RECEIVING A SCHOOL BREAKFAST/LUNCH. FOOD WILL BE DISTRIBUTED IN FRONT OF PATHFINDER SCHOOL AT THE MAIN OFFICE ENTRY. PARENTS ARE ASKED TO REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLES AS THE FOOD WILL BE BROUGHT TO EACH INDIVIDUAL CAR. A TWO-DAY PORTION WILL BE PROVIDED DURING EACH DISTRIBUTION. WE WILL ALSO BE PROVIDING AN ELECTRONIC FORM FOR PARENTS TO COMPLETE WHO ARE UNABLE PICK UP THE FOOD SO THAT WE CAN DELIVER IT PERSONALLY.
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY: WE WILL BE OFFERING OUR MOBILE FOOD PANTRY WEDNESDAY (4/8) BETWEEN 4 PM - 6:30 PM. AS IN THE PAST, THIS WILL OCCUR IN THE DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION/BUS GARAGE.
FARLEY HILL FOOD PANTRY: THE FOOD PANTRY WILL CONTINUE TO BE OPEN FOR ANY COMMUNITY MEMBER EACH AND EVERY THURSDAY EVENING FROM 5 PM - 6:30 PM.
PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO GET MEALS AT THE TIMES AND LOCATIONS LISTED BELOW. THIS IS INTENDED AS A MEANS TO HELP THOSE IN NEED WHO CANNOT TRAVEL TO THE SCHOOL FOR THE PICKUP. WE DO NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES TO MAKE UNNECESSARY DELIVERIES.
3/16/2020 Update Letter to families
We are navigating through a time that none of us in education have ever experienced before. We have appreciated your support and patience as we haven't had (and still don't have) all of the answers due to changing guidelines and expectations from the State of Michigan, Center for Disease Control, and Michigan Department of Education. We understand that unexpectedly having your children home during the school closure creates many challenges for your families. As a district we are providing the following resources to help you create some structure to the day, as well as to help keep our students’ minds active during this time.
- K-6 paper and pencil packets have been created for each grade level, and will be available for pick up in grade level bins during our Farley Hill Pantry and our School Breakfast/Lunch Service. Here is the schedule for the food service. We can also email electronic copies if you have access to a printer. These packets are not due for credit but rather a way to engage your child in keeping their skills sharp over the closure.
- Here are sample schedules with lesson plans for students grades K-12. Establishing a routine right away will be helpful in providing structure during this time. These assignments are not due for credit but rather a way to engage your child in keeping their skills sharp over the closure.
- Individual teachers may choose to send supplemental resources to your child via email. These are also optional activities to help keep your child engaged.
- Here is a list of grade-level websites that families can access from home.
- Email will be the primary means of communication from teachers during the closure.
Many events, meetings and activities were scheduled to take place during the closure. It will take us a bit of time to look carefully at each item planned to determine if there will be a rescheduled date or if there are alternative means to get the information out or provide the experiences. In determining which items to cancel, we will have to take into account items that are on the calendar that were previously scheduled to occur after the closure.
Thank you very much for your continued support!