• Click here to view adjustments to the certification process for students initially enrolling in an NCAA Division I or II school during 2023-2024

If you are an athlete who is considering playing at a Division I, Division II, Division III or are undecided, you must register with the  NCAA Eligibility Center as well as meet academic eligibility standards in regards to your high school curriculum, GPA, and ACT scores. It is also very important to notify your counselor that you are interested in playing college level athletics. Your high school counselor can help you make sure you are enrolled in approved courses each year during high school. Use this checklist to make sure you have all the required information ready to enter.

When you register for the SAT or ACT test in March of your junior year, you will need to request that your test scores are sent directly to the NCAA clearinghouse by filling in their code on the bubble sheet (The NCAA code is 9999). If you have already taken the SAT/ACT, you will need to go to their website and request to have your scores sent to NCAA. Here is the step- by- step process on how to have your test scores sent.

  • The 22-23 Guide for the College- Bound Student Athlete is another great resource for prospective student athletes. 


Any student interested in playing sports at a NAIA college (Division III) will need to register with NAIA and have their eligibility to play determined.