Procedure for End-of-the-Day Pick-Up
We have a procedure in place to provide a safe organized end of the day for all students.
All parents who are picking up children wait in the Cafeteria.
All children who are going to Latchkey or are being picked up are dismissed at 3:45 and proceed to the Cafeteria (pick-up) or the Rec. Room (Latchkey). Other students are then dismissed to buses.
If you are picking up your child at the end of the school day, please follow the procedures listed below:
- Always send a note to your child’s teacher when you know you will be picking him/her up at the end of the day.
- If your child will be picked up regularly, instead of sending in a note each time, you can come to the office and we will issue you and your child a picture ID badge. The badge means a note is not required and the child does not need to be signed out. Your child’s badge should be attached to his/her backpack.
- If you do not have a badge, you must sign out your child in the office. You will show the white copy to the staff as you take your child (ren) out of the Cafeteria.
- If you did not send in a note and find you need to pick up your child, we ask you to phone the office before 3:15 to let us know. The office staff will write a note, which will be delivered to your child. Calling the office prior to 3:15 helps to avoid an end of the day mix up for your child (ren).
- Any children remaining in the Cafeteria after 4:00 will be taken to the office to wait until 4:05. After 4:05, children who have not been picked up are taken to Latchkey. The fee for Latchkey is $7.00 per session. After the third time in Latchkey, you will be asked to pay Community Education the $50 family registration fee. When a child is picked up from Latchkey, the parent/guardian will be asked to show a driver’s license.
Thank you for your help in keeping our Navigator students safe.