Testing Out of High School Courses

Students have the option of pursuing graduation credit for any high school course by attaining a grade of C+ (78%) or higher on a comprehensive final exam or through an alternative assessment if a written exam is not appropriate. An alternative assessment may consist of a portfolio, performance, paper, project, or presentation. Credit earned shall be on a “pass” grade and shall not be included in a computation of grade point average for any purpose. The law states that credit will be earned toward PCHS graduation requirements, as well as state graduation requirements.